Over the past few days, there have been a number of tragedies strike the Ventura County community in which I reside, and also the larger state of California. I have put together links and information on how to get involved and help out if you are able to. Please feel free to comment or email me directly with additional resources to add. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to help our communities.
I have been following the fire perimeters via this Statewide Incident Map updated by Google and CAL Fire. Currently, there are 3 major wildfires burning in both Southern and Northern California.
Here are a few resources to stay informed and also ways to get involved and help out these communities:
- Head to https://www.vcemergency.com/ for up to date information on road closures, evacuation perimeters, evacuation center locations, animal shelter locations, school closures, and N95 particle mask distribution locations.
- Head to http://www.buttecounty.net/oem/disasterpreparedness to sign up for emergency alerts in Butte County and also for more details on evacuations and disaster preparedness in the area.
- Lyft is offering free rides for people in the affected areas. Dial 2-1-1 for assistance.
- Airbnb hosts are providing free rooms in Ventura County and Butte County until November 29th.
- AT&T is offering credits and waiving additional chargers for calls, talk, text, and data from November 9th-13th. Check this link for a list of approved zip codes.
- Donate & Volunteer:
Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting, Thousand Oaks
Many of us may have seen the images and stories from the tragic shooting in ThousandOaks on Thursday night. An unfortunate circumstance to hit too many communities across the country.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Donate Money
- Donate Blood:
- Find a donation location at www.redcrossblood.org. There is always a need for blood, especially during times of tragedy such as this one.
- You may also reach out to vitalant.org or call (877) 25-VITAL (84825). This is the organization that held the massive blood drive at La Reina High School on Thursday. While that drive has concluded, you may still get involved via the link and phone numbers listed above.
If you are in need of counseling there are also options in the community:
- Engage Therapy: Their location in Westlake Village is offering free individual and group therapy for those affected by the shooting.
- Check and see if your company has an Employee Assistance Program. Typically most companies offer free counseling sessions during times of crisis.
If you know of any other resources that would be helpful please feel free to comment below or reach out to me via email@example.com to update this post.